If we had to name one classic material that will never go out of style, it would be natural marble. Natural marble makes a great addition to any home, a timeless surface that will add a touch of luxury and glamour to your space. This material looks particularly stunning when used in large doses, which is why it is often used on countertops, walls and flooring in Singapore. If you are designing your new home or just want to spruce up the look of your flooring, take a look at some of the advantages when you incorporate natural marble into your abode.
● Sophisticated style: Natural marble is a classic stone material that will instantly elevate the decor of your home. For those who like their space to look expensive, natural marble is an absolute must-have to get the aesthetics. Natural arble is, in fact, very versatile and easy to match with any interior design scheme you have in mind.
Additionally, with its smooth and shiny surface, it can make your home appear larger than it actually is. This is an especially useful tip for homeowners working with a smaller space. Depending on your personal preference, you can choose what type of finish to apply to the natural marble stone.
● One and only: Made by Mother Earth herself, each natural marble piece is unique with its own distinctive patterns. Each slab is a masterpiece as no two natural marble slabs will ever be identical. This is probably what makes natural marble so enticing to homeowners. If you are planning to sell your home in the near future, natural marble will definitely increase the value of your home with its intricate design.
● An excellent insulator of heat: Did you know that any heat can dissipate through natural marble? Even in Singapore’s hot and humid climate, natural marble flooring will not let you down as it will still feel comfortable and cool to the touch. It is ultimately a cooling flooring material which will feel welcoming to any guests whenever you have family or friend gatherings.
● Long lasting: As it is known for its long lifespan, with periodic polishing, your natural marble flooring will look its best for years to come. Additionally, natural marble is actually extremely value for money. If you feel that your flooring is not as shiny as it used to be, you can choose to buff and polish it until it shines. Natural marble can withstand multiple rounds of polishing. Additionally, polishing will enhance the colours in the flooring and make the veining more noticeable.
● Easy matching: In the event that you will need to replace a portion of your natural marble flooring, the tonality will remain the same. Although there will be a contrast in the initial few weeks when your new natural marble flooring is fitted in, overtime the colours of the stone will change and match the surrounding pieces.
We hope the above tips have helped you! If you have decided that natural marble is the one for your home, don’t consider installing them yourself. Natural marble stones are heavy and will require professional handling. Not forgetting that the individual natural marble pieces have their own veining, which means that when they are not placed skillfully, it may look out of place. This is why it is important to leave it to the professionals to do a careful and detailed job for you to get the best out of your natural marble pieces.
To make sure that your natural marble flooring is exactly where you want it to be, Soon Bee Huat offers a dry lay service which stimulates the actual installation in the house. Dry lay in units is the best simulation of installation as the stones are exposed to the actual conditions (such as natural light from windows and balconies) as seen by unit owners.